When it comes to finding the right community for you, it’s not so much a matter of finding one as picking the best of many! Because we have lived in South-Western Ontario all our life, we can personally help you choose the one that is best suited to you and your family.
Here are some of the things you may want to consider when choosing where your next home should be:
- Explore the neighbourhood in person, keeping an eye out for signs of neglect like run-down houses and litter in yards and alleys. No matter how house-proud you are personally, a seedy neighbourhood will drive your property value down.
- If you have children, education is probably paramount. Are there schools within walking distance or will your children have to take the bus? How do the local schools compare? If your children need them, are there religious, private or special training (i.e. French Immersion, Montessori etc.) facilities nearby?
- Convenient public transport and major highways nearby can mean the difference between a pleasurable and not-so-pleasurable commute to work.
- Take a look at the local shopping district: does it provide all the shops, grocery stores, dry cleaners, restaurants, medical and dental offices, parks, and recreation that you want? Do you want to be able to walk to all these amenities?
- Listen for traffic noise, barking dogs, low-flying airplanes, and any other noises that could be a problem for you.